Why you should switch from AutoCAD to ARES Commander
For the same price of a one year subscription of AutoCAD, you get up to 9 years subscription of ARES Trinity,
or almost 4 ARES Trinity user subscriptions for the cost of one on AutoCAD,
or a perpetual license of ARES Commander for about half the price of a one year subscription of AutoCAD
- File Compatibility. Both solutions use the same DWG 2018-2022 file format natively. There is no conversion and therefore no loss of data when files are shared between ARES Commander and AutoCAD users. Other file formats supported include DXF, DWS (Drawing standards), DST (Sheet Sets), and configuration files such as .ctb, .stb, .shx, .mln, .dim or .pcx (aka .pc3 in AutoCAD). Both are also able to import or attach DGN files, export to PDF and convert PDF back to DWG.
- Seamless Cloud and Mobile Collaboration*. ARES allows you to share workflows between office, home, and remote users, optimized for their available devices, and allowing for quick markups and commenting.
- The n°1 Alternative to AutoCAD. Graebert’s CAD technology represents the second largest installbase after AutoCAD only. Millions of professionals are working with CAD software powered by ARES. This includes three of the top 5 construction groups in Japan (Obayashi, Takenaka, Taisei, LG, Hyundai and many more industry leaders).
- No Learning Curve. AutoCAD users can instantly switch to ARES Commander without additional training. It uses the same keyboard shortcuts and commands and aliases have been defined to match the ARES commands when they are different. The user interface is also significantly similar.
- More Cloud Storage Options*. Share files on OneDrive, Google Drive, Box, Dropbox and many more options or private Internet servers via WebDAV, with convenient view-only link URL sharing for client previews.
- Create View-Only Links*. Extend your collaboration on DWG drawings to free users able to view and comment online. Collect feedback and validation from colleagues or customers with live-updated URLs and features to comment and markup.
- E-mail Notification*. Email notifications enable ARES Kudo, ARES Commander and ARES Touch users to keep updated about the drawings they are working on and react promptly when required: See who has been working on the drawing directly from your mail inbox, see comments and markups from other users, including text comments, pictures, stamps or voice markups.
- Version History*. When working on files stored in a cloud storage you can see who modified the drawing, go back in time and revert back changes.
- Vertical Applications [sold separately]. ARES has special versions for 2D mechanical design (ARES Mechanical) and CAD for GIS (ARES Map), allowing you to work with ArcGis Online from ESRI.
- Porting Custom Code. Lisp, Visual Lisp, or C++ based code can easily be ported to ARES with few or no modifications. Graebert is also offering a number of third-party plugins for a variety of needs such as real-time rendering, 3D point clouds, architecture, electrical, HVAC… etc.
- Advanced 3D Features. ARES Commander includes a full set of 3D Solid Modeling features powered by the ACIS 3D solid modeler of Dassault Systèmes.
- Flexible Licensing. Autodesk stopped selling single perpetual and network licenses. It is now only sold as a subscription (term licenses of 1 year, to be renewed every year). ARES Commander offers flexible licensing options (Perpetual, Network, or Rental) at a significantly lower cost than AutoCAD. Each Perpetual license includes 1 year of free Maintenance.
- Work from Multiple Computers. Each user gets a Graebert account with a login and password that allows them to work virtually from any computer. The license follows the user, and you can use up to two computers (eg. one PC at the office and one laptop on the go) without having to log in and out from each device.
- More Productivity Features. ARES Commander adds several valuable CAD features such as Power Trim, Dimensions Palette, Quick Modify, Mouse Gestures, Heads up Toolbar.
- Better Enterprise Support. Enterprise versions of ARES enable additional capabilities to meet the advanced needs of large installed bases (100 users or more). Includes advanced settings to optimize security for files in the cloud, advanced integration options for your IT infrastructure and user authentication with single sign-on (SSO).
- Unique .DWG Features for BIM. ARES Commander allows you to import and filter IFC and RVT files, read BIM object properties, and extract BIM data to tables or Excel. Additionally you can extract smarter 2D DWG drawings from your BIM projects and ensure that these drawings can be updated when the BIM project is modified
- Unique MapsFeatures(*4). The plugin Maps for ARES Commander is pre-installed in ARES Commander and available for all the users staying on a Trinity subscription. It features a professional Maps service to access geo-referenced satellite images and street maps to be used in your drawings. Enter any address in the World and get instantly professional maps from World GIS leader Esri.
- Vertical Applications. ARES has special versions for mechanical design (ARES Mechanical) and CAD for GIS (ARES Map), allowing you to work with ArcGis Online from ESRI.
- Porting Custom Code. Lisp, Visual Lisp, or C++ based code can easily be ported to ARES with few or no modifications. Graebert is also offering a number of third-party plugins for a variety of needs such as real-time rendering, 3D point clouds, architecture, electrical, HVAC… etc.(*) Trinity feature, requires a Trinity subscription.
For government buyers now available on GSA Advantage
Contract Number GS35F381GA
Company Name AERTWORKS LLC
DUNS Number 079084188