Joint Press Release – January 2022
AERTWORKS Becomes Reseller
in the USA for ARES CAD Software
- Leading alternative for .DWG CAD with second-largest installed base after AutoCAD®
- Graebert’s Trinity concept enables CAD software users to create and modify DWG drawings on desktop, mobile, and cloud platforms
- Aertworks discontinued its US distribution of BricsCAD® in favor of ARES CAD
- Enjoy ARES Trinity for 9 years for a cost comparable to 1 year of AutoCAD, and gain the option to buy Perpetual or Network licenses instead of subscriptions.
January 5, 2022 – San Clemente, CA USA and Berlin, Germany – AERTWORKS (www.aertworks.com), a provider of design and innovation management solutions, today announced that it has signed a partnership with Graebert™ GmbH (www.graebert.com) to resell its ARES Trinity of 2D/3D CAD software for desktop, mobile, and cloud in the United States of America.
Using .DWG as its native format, the ARES Trinity of CAD software enables CAD users to read, create, and modify files directly in the same format as AutoCAD, but for a fraction of the cost. From dialogs to keyboard commands, the user interface feels naturally familiar and is optimized to facilitate a seamless transition from any other CAD software.
Graebert’s ARES CAD technology represents the second-largest installed base in the world for DWG-based CAD software after AutoCAD. Millions of professionals are already working with CAD software powered by ARES.
The ARES Trinity is a threefold solution with a symbiotic approach combining CAD software for desktop CAD (ARES Commander for Windows, macOS, and Linux), mobile CAD (ARES Touch for iOS and Android), and cloud CAD (ARES Kudo runs in an Internet browser).
“We’re excited about this collaboration with Graebert. With its innovative Trinity concept, Graebert leads the transition to the next generation of integrated .DWG CAD,” said Britt Jonnaert, General Manager of AERTWORKS. “Graebert ARES’s unique collaboration features leverage the best functionality for desktop, cloud, and mobile to synchronize workflows across devices for Windows, MacOS, Linux, iOS, and Android, whether you’re in the office, working from home, or on the road. It is the most versatile DWG CAD solution, for anything from freelance designers to large enterprise teams that need to collaborate across time zones, as well as provide optimized functionality to a distributed field force, providing secure and efficient access to all leading hosted and on-premises cloud platforms.”
“We’re delighted to be working with AERTWORKS, whose team shares our extensive heritage in the CAD space,” said Wilfried Graebert, CEO of Graebert. “AERTWORKS has a proven sales track record in the USA, after successfully introducing other CAD solutions. Graebert is already a market leader in some European countries and the APAC region. Some reference customers include 3 of the ‘Big 5’ construction groups in Japan and leading manufacturers such as LG, Hyundai, and Samsung. Our success in these markets is largely explained by our ability to adapt our innovative Trinity concept to the needs of large enterprise customers with thousands of users. Graebert already has long-standing collaborations in the US with leading solution providers such as Dassault Systèmes SOLIDWORKS, PTC Onshape, and Corel. We believe the time is right to develop our own distribution network in the US and to establish our ARES brand in all the major markets. With its experience of CAD and large accounts, AERTWORKS is a natural fit for us.”
Some reference customers include 3 of the “Big 5” construction groups in Japan and leading manufacturers such as LG, Hyundai, and Samsung. – Wilfried Graebert, CEO of Graebert
The Trinity concept is powered by agile cloud-based workflows that give users the flexibility to choose where — and how — they want to work. While ARES Commander users keep enjoying the traditional option to work with local files, as previously in AutoCAD, ARES CAD software also provides innovative cloud-based features, including the following:
- At the office, at home, on the go … CAD anywhere: Each user gets a Graebert account with a login and password that allows them to work from any computer. The license follows the individual, who can use up to two computers (e.g., a PC at the office and a laptop on the go) without having to log in and out from each device. Additionally, users with a Trinity license can use ARES Kudo in their Internet browser and ARES Touch on their mobile devices.
- File synchronization: All users work with the latest version of the drawing, in sync with the chosen cloud storage services. Files can be shared with all the leading solutions on the market, including Google Drive, Box, Dropbox, OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, Microsoft SharePoint, Trimble Connect, Onshape, and Hancom Space, as well as AWS S3 or private Internet servers via WebDAV, Nextcloud, or ownCloud.
- Session handling: Automatically lock the file when a user is editing to prevent conflicts.
- Email notifications: Update users after modifications, comments, and markups.
- Version history: See and compare successive modifications of the same file by multiple users, and revert changes if needed.
- Markups: Use modern communication tools to collect comments with stamps, pictures, or voice recordings; apply artificial intelligence to convert voice recordings into text and auto-tag images.
- View-only links: Free online viewing and commenting to collect feedback and validation from customers or colleagues
US-based customers are invited to visit www.aertworks.com to learn more about ARES CAD software, watch demo videos, and activate a free 30-day trial.
AERTWORKS® is a US-based company that provides consulting and software solutions for innovation and design management in BIM/AEC, construction, product, civil, road, landscape, and mechanical design, as well as process, documentation, and design control solutions for medical devices, IVD, pharma, aerospace, energy, and oil and gas.
Graebert is a leading developer of DWG-editing CAD software headquartered in Germany with additional offices in Japan, India, and Russia. Graebert was founded in 1977 and has pioneered innovations in the CAD (computer-aided design) industry ever since, including the first solution to run on Windows, macOS, and Linux; the first mobile CAD solutions; and more recently, its cloud version, ARES Kudo.
Graebert is committed to delivering modern DWG experiences, enabling CAD users and developers to safeguard their long investments in the DWG format. In a world dominated by 3D models and globalization, we enable 2D CAD users to smoothly manage their digital transformation, leveraging mobile and cloud to improve collaboration, and creating smarter DWG drawings able to work in good synergy with BIM and 3D models.
Family-owned and independent for more than 40 years, Graebert is committed to developing long-term collaborations with its customers, employees, and partners. Not having to share our profits with the stock exchange, we can build long-term strategies, reinvesting our profits in innovation for the common interest of our community. Together we are building the future of CAD.
ARES®, ARES Commander™, ARES Touch™, ARES Kudo ™, ARES Map™, ARES Mechanical™, SiteMaster™, Graebert iSurvey™ and Graebert™ are registered trademarks or trademarks of Graebert GmbH. All rights reserved. Other companies and products mentioned herein may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective trademark owners and are hereby acknowledged. Website: www.graebert.com Contact: email@example.com
For government buyers, our products are now available on GSA Advantage
Contract Number GS35F381GA
Company Name AERTWORKS LLC
DUNS Number 079084188
as well as the Federal Micro Purchases Program – AERTWORKS LLC / 079084188 – Cage# 6XZG7
Sign up for the
AERTWORKS® Quarterly Newsletter!
You can unsubscribe at any time. We fully comply with the United States CAN-SPAM Act and the European Opt-In Directive 2002/58/EC.